Interested in seeing a video about the Sandusky Mission Outreach Center then check us out on YouTube! Here is a link to more information as wells as some pictures of the many groups that have visited us.
Here's a video of the GPC Mission Trip on YouTube. In 2012 the group traveled to Sandusky, Ohio to work at Crossroads Homeless Shelter and The Ohio Veterans Home. At the end of the week, they all went to Cedar Point to ride the coasters.
What are people saying?
"Our group had an amazing experience led by your church and we wish to extend you our heartfelt gratitude. I have been doing these trips for 19 years and I must say that for your first year at this, you left no stone unturned. It took a great burden off me. I have recommended you to others. We particularly enjoyed the variety of tasks and the chance to work with people as well as manual work." Florissant Presbyterian from Florissant, MO.
"The church did an awesome job developing the Mission Outreach Center." Anchor Pres. from Wrightstown, PA.
"It is obvious that your church has a passion for outreach ministry..." St. Peter's Lutheran Church of Edon, OH.
"The minister and staff went well beyond what was required to make our stay pleasant." First United Methodist of Rockville, IN.
"Great homemade treats." Calvary CRC, Holland, MI.
"Showers are nice..." Christ Presbyterian of Toledo OH.
We would "absolutely" come to stay with you again, said First Presbyterian of Ithaca, NY.
What do we offer?
- Group rate at Cedar Point no matter what your group size.
- Planning of your mission trip experience by providing a list of possible projects for you to choose from. We take care of all the details, even directions to the project!
- Air conditioned and heated rooms with air mattresses.
- Breakfasts and lunches. Breakfasts include coffee, juice, fruit, cereal, breads, waffles, egg casseroles, and special items which appear magically! Lunches are sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, and chips to be packed for project days and even recreation days.
- Handicapped-accessible bathroom and showers.
- Snacks for the evening.
- A gathering space for evening chats and worship.
- Assistance with evening debriefing and worship if requested.
- Secure location where all of your group can be in one place at one time, well-supervised and cared for.
- Guidance for the area - restaurants or take-out places for dinner, extra recreation opportunities, and advice on some of the best ice cream found anywhere!
Here's what you need to know:
- Call us at 419-625-6261 to see if we have space for the time you're here. Our center is open year-round to accommodate groups.
- Fill out our registration form and print and sign our rules and regulations and fax them to 419-625-7081.
Rules & Regulations
- Send us a non-refundable deposit of $20 per day to book your lodging. Once all of these are done, we'll arrange the details!